Forums Dancehall Reggae ted team leader, popular in the

Posted October 10, 2018 03:45 AM

>The NFL divisional playoffs wrap up with a doubleheader Sunday starting in Pittsburgh where the AFC North champion Steelers (13-3) host the upstart Jacksonville Jaguars.The winner earns a trip to New England to face the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots in next week’s AFC title game.The third-seeded Jaguars (11-6) drilled the Steelers 30-9 back in October. Jacksonville picked off Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times in the victory.Pittsburgh wide receiver Antonio Brown is active after missing the final two games of the regular season with a left calf injury.In the NFC Customized Miami Dolphins Jerseys , second-seeded Minnesota (13-3) welcomes fourth-seeded New Orleans (12-5) for the second time this season. The Vikings dominated the Saints 29-19 in the season opener. The winner will play in Philadelphia against the top-seeded Eagles in next week’s NFC championship game.The weather could be a factor in Pittsburgh. The temperature is expected to hover in the teens throughout the day. The Jaguars are 1-8 all time in games played when the temperature at kickoff is 25 degrees or colder.It’s even chillier in Minneapolis, but the Vikings will have the roof closed when they host the Saints. Eric Wood can finally announce he’s retiring after the Buffalo Bills released the veteran center in a move considered a formality after he was diagnosed with a career-ending neck injury in January.

The NFL transactions list on Thursday listed the Bills reaching an injury settlement and releasing Wood under the designation: ”Termination of vested veteran.”

The decision by the Bills ends a lengthy waiting period for the team and Wood.

By waiting until Thursday, the Bills limited the effect the player’s remaining bonus money will have on their salary cap. The more than $10 million in bonus money owed to Wood will now only count against the team’s salary cap this year rather than be spread over the two years left on the contract.

Wood declined to comment on being released by the Bills in a text to The AP. Wood did say he’s planning to attend Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly’s annual charitable auction and golf tournament in Buffalo this weekend.

Though Wood said he’ll never play again, the nine-year veteran balked at the last minute to announce his retirement during a news conference in January.

Wood read from a prepared statement and spoke for less than two minutes in revealing end of season tests discovered two discs being dangerously close to his spinal cord.

”Thanks to everyone who supported me throughout my career. And because of that http://www.chiefsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-robert-golden-jersey , I am here today,” Wood said. ”I’m sure there are a lot of unanswered questions. I hope to address those at a later date. Thanks, and go Bills.”

According to the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement, teams could have asked for a portion of bonus money to be returned if a player retired before his contract expired. There was Jimmy Vesey Jersey , however, a gray area if a player retired as a result of a career-ending injury.

Wood is from Cincinnati and spent four seasons playing at Louisville before being selected by the Bills with their second of two first-round picks in the 2009 draft. Wood earned a starting job entering his rookie season and appeared in 121 games, including one in the playoffs.

He was a respected team leader, popular in the community for his charitable work Adidas Jonathan Drouin Jersey , and was the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee in 2015 and `16.

Aside from Wood, Buffalo’s offensive line must also replace starting left guard Richie Incognito, who abruptly retired in April and was then released by the Bills earlier this month.

Philadelphia Eagles Elite Jerseys

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Ultimate) © 2010-2024